Help needed...getting desperate

• my bike does not start due (presumably) to a electrical connector that hangs loose on the left side of the bike. Its a 3 point connecter female but I have looked and looked but I cant find any loose male connectors. Lights front and rear work just as blinkers and brake + headlicht. The startmotor turns but there is obvioulsly no spark and no fuel ignition. Does anybody know where I should connect this connector?

Thanks for ur reponse
    Vielen Dank im voraus
    gruss dich
    greetings

marcel
    The Netherlands

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

• The cover looks like you had a crash....

You said that all lights and the startet work? Did you check the crash-sensor?

KTM Adventure 1190 R 658153_5.png

• Hi Marcel,
    I have to admit that I am not familiar with the PC40, but many of the Hondas have got a 3-pin service connector underneath the seat.
    This ist the one that is installed on the Hornets:
    https://img1.hornet-home.de/images/d/dcJEiL.jpg

Cafe Racer, der: ein bisher einwandfrei funktionsfähiges Motorrad, das der Besitzer zerlegt hat und in zehn Forenbeiträgen beschreibt, was er alles damit machen würde, wenn er Zeit, Geld, Werkzeug und Ahnung hätte.

• The cover looks like you had a crash....

You said that all lights and the startet work? Did you check the crash-sensor?

Yes I did crash about 6 months ago. Lights are ok incl. starter, I tried to start in neutral without the the side support..no funk. I noticed that connector hanging loose so I assumed that that would most probably be the cause of not starting.
    Weird problem...

• Hi Marcel,
    I have to admit that I am not familiar with the PC40, but many of the Hondas have got a 3-pin service connector underneath the seat.

thanks for the tip, if it is indeed such a service-connector then I should most probably focus on the right side of the bike from now on..because then it never was connected in the first place....

• Hi Marcel,

:goodp:

Probably you should take a look to this thing:

Thats the crash sensor. It is between the front lights and the Dashboard.
    If this sensor is broken or not in the right position, your Bike won´t start.

KTM Adventure 1190 R 658153_5.png

• Can you hear the fuelpump after you turn the the key to "on"?

Gesendet von meinem E5823 mit Tapatalk

Wer vor Kurven nich bremst, is auf der Geraden zu langsam!!!

• Well I had a crash about six months ago and since then the bike has never fallen on his side and also I have never touched the dashboard or anything behind it. So i'm now leaning more towards a fuel-injection / connector issue. It's not a HISS issue either. It might be dirty fuel although that would be really strange as i only use first grade fuel from all the big company's...

Also what are the chances of this connector on the left side falling and hanging there (see pic) and at the same time this starting issue occurring. Is that weird or what.

Please keep the suggestions coming as my problem is still not solved, I promise to publish the outcome of all this. It's very appreciated.

• Little update about the dangling female connector on the left side of the bike: it's not 3-pins but 5-pins...just now I listened if I could hear the fuel pump prime ---) n.o.t. HELP I need this bike to work n.o.w. ...desperate ----) state of PANIC

• Yes I did they are all fine. Enclosed a pic of that mysterious connector (i'm not convinced it's a service-diagnostic connector at all):

Neither do I. As mentioned, I am not a PC40 expert. I just wanted to point out that some connectors on newer Hondas doesn't have a counterpart.
    A six-pin-connector could be the one for the regulator/rectifier, but that one on the picture looks quite small. You should refer to a service manual or, at least, a wiring scheme

Cafe Racer, der: ein bisher einwandfrei funktionsfähiges Motorrad, das der Besitzer zerlegt hat und in zehn Forenbeiträgen beschreibt, was er alles damit machen würde, wenn er Zeit, Geld, Werkzeug und Ahnung hätte.

• This is the Wiring diagram

I only find this 6Pin connector with 5Pins. Then it is for the ignition coils.

Stecker.PNG

But on your photo i can not see the colours from the wire.

Oh sorry, forget this. It's the wiring diagram from the pc37!!!

Wer vor Kurven nich bremst, is auf der Geraden zu langsam!!!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Brenner ()