Beiträge von sandersmeerkaas

This morning I decided to try and bumpstart the bike with the assistence of a neighbour. It was not even really hard to do, about 30 meters and in 3th gear I slowly let go of the clutch and then my bike made the sound that I love so much. The rest of the day no problems occurred, hopefully this will n.e.v.e.r. happen again. Looking back I know for sure that it was a cruel trick of ' coincidence' to combine the dangling connector with a serious startproblem. That connector put me on a side-track as it seemed like a chance of 1 to a 1000000 that it would not be the cause or at least related to my bike refusing all my input.
    Thank you all!

This morning I decided to try and bumpstart the bike with the assistence of a neighbour. It was not even really hard to do, about 30 meters and in 3th gear I slowly let go of the clutch and then my bike made the sound that I love so much. The rest of the day no problems occurred, hopefully this will n.e.v.e.r. happen again. Looking back I know for sure that it was a cruel trick of ' coincidence' to combine the dangling connector with a serious startproblem. That connector put me on a side-track as it seemed like a chance of 1 to a 1000000 that it would not be the cause or at least related to my bike refusing all my input.
    Thank you all!

The connector is from the Exhaust Gas Control Valve (EGCV). You don't have the original exhaust on the bike? Then the connector is not your Problem.

well ty for your input, I do have a m.i.v. exhaust..so you are saying.: forget about that connector and focus on the starting system?

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

Just now I tried starting her up again with full throttle and half throttle ...nothing. Startmotor is running fine but no ignition. Fuel tank is full.

And a little update about the dangling female connector on the left side of the bike: it's not 3-pins but 5-pins...just now I listened if I could hear the fuel pump prime ---) n.o.t. HELP I need this bike to work n.o.w. ...desperate ----) state of PANIC

Little update about the dangling female connector on the left side of the bike: it's not 3-pins but 5-pins...just now I listened if I could hear the fuel pump prime ---) n.o.t. HELP I need this bike to work n.o.w. ...desperate ----) state of PANIC

Well I had a crash about six months ago and since then the bike has never fallen on his side and also I have never touched the dashboard or anything behind it. So i'm now leaning more towards a fuel-injection / connector issue. It's not a HISS issue either. It might be dirty fuel although that would be really strange as i only use first grade fuel from all the big company's...

Also what are the chances of this connector on the left side falling and hanging there (see pic) and at the same time this starting issue occurring. Is that weird or what.

Please keep the suggestions coming as my problem is still not solved, I promise to publish the outcome of all this. It's very appreciated.

thanks
    i see a resemblance but I have no clue actually about that particular sensor I will check it out however ty

Hi Marcel,
    I have to admit that I am not familiar with the PC40, but many of the Hondas have got a 3-pin service connector underneath the seat.
    This ist the one that is installed on the Hornets:
    https://img1.hornet-home.de/images/d/dcJEiL.jpg

thanks for the tip, if it is indeed such a service-connector then I should most probably focus on the right side of the bike from now on..because then it never was connected in the first place....

The cover looks like you had a crash....

You said that all lights and the startet work? Did you check the crash-sensor?

Yes I did crash about 6 months ago. Lights are ok incl. starter, I tried to start in neutral without the the side support..no funk. I noticed that connector hanging loose so I assumed that that would most probably be the cause of not starting.
    Weird problem...