Honda Cb450S 44ps Nockenwelle?

• Hello! My name is Rune, I live i Denmark. I have in long time been on this forum, you guys really rocks!

I am seeking a camshaft 44ps for my Honda CB 450 S PC 17 from 1987 (I have the 20ps camshaft now). I'm seeking all over.

Is there other camshaft for other models that works in the CB450S? Can I find other camshafts not produced by Honda?

Rune

Have a nice weekend!

Google translate:

Hallo! Mein Name ist Rune, ich lebe i Dänemark. Ich habe in der langen Zeit auf diesem Forum gewesen, Leute wirklich rockt!

Ich suche eine Nockenwelle 44PS für meine Honda CB 450 S PC 17 aus dem Jahr 1987. Ich bin überall auf der Suche nach.

Gibt es andere Nockenwelle für andere Modelle, die in der CB450S funktioniert? Kann ich von Honda andere Nockenwellen nicht produziert finden?

Ein schönes Wochenende wünsche ich ihnen

Rune

• Hi and :welcome: here :bb:

Camshafts from Honda CB 400T/N and CB 450N and also CM 400T are the same - and even from CB 250N 20kW-Version fits.
    And yesterday the was a really new one at ebay :o

It's hard to find a good one - and even I don't have one any more ...

:wavey:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meine Maschinen sind alt genug, um selbst zu entscheiden, das macht es manchmal etwas anstrengend, mit ihnen unterwegs zu sein.
    Wenn meine Fähigkeiten nachlassen und ich meine CM 400T nicht mehr fahren kann, dann hole ich mir 'n Motorrad - und wenn's damit nicht mehr geht, 'n Lanz Bulldog.

• Hi,

here is the new one :wink1:

Sometimes in German they only write "grosse Nockenwelle" :o

In this Thread it is described (maybe you can understand a littlebit German ...) und in #3 you can see a picture with both 20kW- and 32kW-Version. The easy to see differences are wider cams and smaller spaces between the cams at the 32kW-Version.

There are two more Versions (but rare in Europe) - one is a 29kW-Version for the CMX 450 (and will also give 29kW with the CB 450S) and the other one is from the US-Hondamatic-Version and gives at around 30kW.
    If you like, you can send me links to offered camshafts (by "persönliche Nachricht" - just klick on my name at the left) and I can tell you what it is.

:wavey:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Meine Maschinen sind alt genug, um selbst zu entscheiden, das macht es manchmal etwas anstrengend, mit ihnen unterwegs zu sein.
    Wenn meine Fähigkeiten nachlassen und ich meine CM 400T nicht mehr fahren kann, dann hole ich mir 'n Motorrad - und wenn's damit nicht mehr geht, 'n Lanz Bulldog.