SLR650 mottorad boe ??

• I have just bought a honda slr650 it is 34 ps in the brief. Under the seat connected to the cdi-unit (drossel?) it is a box connected "mottorad boe 25"

My qustion is what this box are doing ?

Here is a picture
    Viewimage - 137249-DSC00745.JPG

you can also answer me on mail magneten@gmail.com

thanx Tommy from sweden..

• hi ho...

well...i asked google and got some informations...

the company BOE have been taken over by alpha technik...maybe they can tell u more about that box.

in my opinion this BB25 is a rpm-limiter or something.

i could take a photo of the circuit diagram if u don´t have a repair manual, so that u can disconnect this box...if u want to...

btw: the "4E6A" printed on your cdi means 25kw. and "4E1A" for the 29kw version.

regards

"Holt das Pferd Rein" (König von Troja) - Es ist immer gut zu wissen was einen erwartet

• Hi Tommy,

I agree to what VICTIM wrote.
    In addition to that I can tell you, that my fx650 also has that box to uncut the power (I have a "34ps cdi-unit"). Should be enough when you remove it. It's just connected to serveral wires of the cdi, right?

Best wishes
    Jens

• Hi Tommy,

I agree to what VICTIM wrote.
    In addition to that I can tell you, that my fx650 also has that box to uncut the power (I have a "34ps cdi-unit"). Should be enough when you remove it. It's just connected to serveral wires of the cdi, right?

Best wishes
    Jens

The unit have 4 cables and 2 of them are connoncted to the original cdi-wires and one of the original cdi wires are cut off and going in and out to the box.. Do you mean that my box take down the effect or just take away the rpm limit ?

• I hope there is no missunderstanding. Motorradland (Alphatechnik) had/has two kits. One kit for 25kw if you have 29kw-version and one kit for 29kw if you only have 25kw.
    You have the version to cut the performance to 25kw.

The installation on my bike was six years ago. But when I remember it right, I had to cut one cabel and connected it with the box by brazing. Maybe I can take a look at it when I am back at home this weekend. Then I will tell you more... okay?
    Another possible way is to take a connection diagram if you have one to check the cabels.

• hi ho...

vigor123

there is one box to push the power from 25 to 29kw and also one that lower it from 29 to 25kw ? he has ne 25kw cdi according to the id printed on the case.

it doesn´t match the topic exaktly...but...i also have an 25kw cdi. so rpm and power were limited. after switching one green wire (ground) from one to another contact-pin in the plug the rpm-limiter was disabled and the motor got more power (better acceleration and higher topspeed).

so...do i have the same power now like i would have with the 29kw cdi ? or are there further differences between this two cdi versions ?

regards

"Holt das Pferd Rein" (König von Troja) - Es ist immer gut zu wissen was einen erwartet

• I have send a mail to alphatechnik yesterday and her is the answer I got today, so if I have understand everything right, I have full effect (29kw) now with this box mounted..

Hi Tommy,

This box gives your bike a power increase (from originally 25 kW) to 29 kW

Regards - A l e x

Alexander Vogl
    (Sales & Purchase Manager)

alpha Technik GmbH & Co. KG

• okay, now everything is clear and fine, you have full power!!! :wink:

@victim I wrote bulls*** sorry. I didn't know that the description 25 means from 25 to 29 kw. Thought it was a restriction...
    To restrict the power to 34PS the intake will be modified (example from alphatechnik).

Best wishes
    Jens