Need to pass TÜV Honda VF1100

• I brought my 1985 Honda Magna V65/ VF1100 (ID# 1HFSC1200FA203451) from the states to Munich. I went to TÜV and found that I need different tires, a kickstand kill switch (Seitenständer mit Kill Schalter) and some other things.
    1. The tires I need are 110/90V18 and 140/90V16 (best price & mounted by local dealer in Munich?).
    2. I didn’t need a kickstand kill switch in the states. Where can I buy the Kill Switch? I’ve looked for hours on the internet. Will one from another model work?
    3. I need the front brake caliper rebuild kits. (I have brake pads)
    4. I need a new fork seal kit. (Inexpensive repair shop in Munich?)
    Thanks,
    Allen

(An attempt to translate)
    Ich brachte meine 1985 Honda Magna V65 / VF1100 (ID -Nr. 1HFSC1200FA203451) nach München. aus den Staaten. Ich ging zum TÜV und fand, dass ich andere Reifen, ein Ständer-Kill-Schalter, und einige andere Dinge brauchen. Am wenigsten teure Werkstatt in München?)
    1. Die Reifen, die ich brauche sind 110/90V18 & 140/90V16 (billigste Montage durch Händler in München?)
    2. ich brauchte keinen Ständer-Kill-Schalter in den Staaten. Wo kann ich den Kill-Schalter kaufen? Ich habe stundenlang im Internet gesucht. Wird einen von einem anderen Modell passen?
    3. ich brauche die vordere Bremse Bremssattel rebuild Kits. (Ich habe Bremsbeläge)
    4. ich brauche eine neue Gabel Dichtungen Kit. (Günstige Werkstatt in München?)
    Danke,
    Allen

• ich klingel mal nach dem MOD mit der Bitte es zu den VF Modellen zu schieben ;)

Stolz darauf noch nie Harley gefahren zu sein und tief deprimiert über die knapp 10km BMW :D

Gesendet von meinem Rechenbrett "Abakus" nach Adam Riese

• Hi Allen, if you've a center stand just remove the kickstand for TÜV. I've done this with my 82' VF750.

• That will work? After TÜV you just reinstall it?
    Thanks,
    Allen

• Yep! But now it's replaced with an automatic stand. It will return to the "parking position" when its not in use. I'ts also allowed in germany.

• Where do I get an automatic stand for a 1985 VF1100?

• Try eBay or ww*.bike-teile.de for second-hand parts.
    Guess, you need a complete assembly like this here with the spring, small metal-plate and special bolt. (All parts needed....)
    ww*.ebay.de/itm/Seitenstander-Honda-VF1100C-SC12-/301205803829?pt=DE_Motorradteile&hash=item462143d335

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von siegburger ()

• I've got the kickstand. It came out of the factory with it. Problem is, we don't have kill switches on the kickstand in America. A kill switch is required by TÜV in Germany, and it's been impossible to find one for the VF1100. Still looking for one of the kill switches or one of those automatic return kickstands.
    Thanks,
    Allen

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von boaterguy ()

• You need either a kickstand that has a kill switch or one that retracts automatically if the bike is put in driving position (like on my BMW R100R).
    In 1986 there have been some fatal accidents in Germany due to kickstands that have not been retracted. Honda had in this time a recall covering about 300.000 motorcyles. On this bikes a modified kickstand was mounted.

Günter

• Allen,

all U need is a switch that interrupts the igniton of ur bike while the kickstand is folded out, even a universal brakelight switch, modified i.e. with a rely, can do the job.

otherwise, if ur bike offers a center stand, unmount the kickstand unless u passed TÜV, mount it back again and everthing´s ok ;)

(Schreibfehler in dieser, nicht zu meiner Muttersprache gehörenden Sprache, bitte ich zu übersehen ;) )

Stolz darauf noch nie Harley gefahren zu sein und tief deprimiert über die knapp 10km BMW :D

Gesendet von meinem Rechenbrett "Abakus" nach Adam Riese

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von BikerBär ()