Help needed...getting desperate

• The connector is from the Exhaust Gas Control Valve (EGCV). You don't have the original exhaust on the bike? Then the connector is not your Problem.

Wer vor Kurven nich bremst, is auf der Geraden zu langsam!!!

• Hi,
    your problem is solved?

If not, here an idea!
    My RD11 (Transalp 2007) has 2 connectors, 6-placed but only 5 in use.

1. the connector between the wire harness and the instruments: out of interest

2. the connector between the wire harness and the right handle bar with the starter switch / front wheel brake light switch

this connecter cause all characteristics you have found on your machine when it is disconnected. Easy to test, if the brake light is running only by pressing the rear wheel brake and not with the front wheel brake.

May be or not, for the same functions on my ST 1300 the connector is different to this.
    Also here excists a fuel pump, but it is not running if the full pressure has arrived after multi tries to start.

regards
    H.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von horst.w ()

• ... ok, überlesen, war aber einen Versuch wert

H.

• Bei Fernratespielen is man für jede Idee dankbar, Horst...

Gesendet von meinem Fernsprecher

• The connector is from the Exhaust Gas Control Valve (EGCV). You don't have the original exhaust on the bike? Then the connector is not your Problem.

well ty for your input, I do have a m.i.v. exhaust..so you are saying.: forget about that connector and focus on the starting system?

Sent from my P01MA using Tapatalk

• In the DTC-List are 3 different codes with EGCV. All discript with "Engine operates normally", so I think the engine must start.

Gesendet von meinem Fernsprecher

• This morning I decided to try and bumpstart the bike with the assistence of a neighbour. It was not even really hard to do, about 30 meters and in 3th gear I slowly let go of the clutch and then my bike made the sound that I love so much. The rest of the day no problems occurred, hopefully this will n.e.v.e.r. happen again. Looking back I know for sure that it was a cruel trick of ' coincidence' to combine the dangling connector with a serious startproblem. That connector put me on a side-track as it seemed like a chance of 1 to a 1000000 that it would not be the cause or at least related to my bike refusing all my input.
    Thank you all!